Most of the time we handle life's challenges pretty well. But there can be times when we need a skilled, knowledgeable, and caring person to help us through the rough spots. Depression, anxiety, relationship problems... sometimes it's too much to do alone.
If you are looking for someone who can help you during one of life's rough spots, you have found the right place. You can gain new perspectives, have better relationships, find relief from suffering, change behaviors, find new solutions, improve your mood, and so much more.
If you would like to work with someone who can provide compassionate attention and understanding to your situation, you are on the right track. And if you want that person to provide honest feedback and have the skills and knowledge to help you, then you've found the right person. Working with me means you will be treated and respected as a whole and complex person. I have been trained in the areas of counseling, psychology, alcohol and drug abuse studies, and hypnosis. You will have the opportunity to benefit from the skills and knowledge I have acquired from these disciplines to help find the best course of action to meet your needs.
I use a variety of approaches to work with you. And, you might have ideas about what approach will be the most helpful. Please feel free to share those ideas. I want you to receive the best help available for your situation. Together, we can decide what the best plan is to do really great work together.
Through our combined efforts, we will work toward finding solutions that meet your needs. You will always be involved in the decision-making process. I will expect you to work hard at achieving your success, and you should expect that I will do the same for you.
You bring a unique perspective to this process. And, so do I. When we bring these perspectives together, and combine them with others, we are taking a whole-person perspective. We are utilizing a collective perspective.
I think I could use some help and support, but I don't feel that I have a mental health disorder. Is counseling right for my situation?"
- You can benefit from a variety of skills and a lot of information that I have to share with you to help you meet your personal goals.
- You do not have to have a mental health disorder, a psychiatric disorder, or be labeled as having an "illness" to benefit from my services. My services are available for anyone who would like to make personal changes or obtain better self understanding. Sure, I can provide help and relief for those who are struggling with mental health issues, but I can also help you with so much more.
- Life keeps going whether we are ready or not. This can provide too many opportunities for us to feel overwhelmed, lost, or unsure of what to do next. But this is a normal part of living. Working with me during some of these times can help you speed the process of getting back on track, help you prevent some things from catching you off guard, or strengthen you for the future. There are so many great things that can be accomplished when we work together. Just imagine your possibilities when you have someone on your side who wants you to succeed and will help you so so!
- Having an objective party on your side to keep you aware of your options can be very helpful. Working with me gives you the opportunity to have someone on your side who will "tell it like it is" and work on your agenda -- not my own or anyone else's. Knowing you are supported by another can provide a lot of strength and relief. I would like to be that person for you.
"You mentioned that you may be the right counselor for me given my concerns about privacy. What did you mean?"
- Your privacy is one of my highest priorities. Let me state that again, your privacy is one of my highest priorities!
- In order for us to do deep, honest work together we need to build a relationship of trust. You need to be able to trust that what you share with me will be held in the strictest confidence. The ethics and laws of my profession require me to follow strict confidentiality practices. I am happy to follow these. I hold myself to extremely high principles of confidentiality.
- Your story is yours to tell -- not mine. In other words, I respect your right to choose who knows what about you. This includes protecting your privacy regarding whether or not you are even in counseling with me.
- There are legal and ethical issues that require some exceptions to confidentiality. There are very few exceptions, but they may require me to disclose some information about you. I will make sure you are aware of these exceptions before you share your information. That way, you have the option of whether or not to share certain information with me.
Collective Perspective Counseling
Counselin * Relief from Depression and Anxiety * Mindfulness * Better Relationships * Personal Growth * Wellness for Mind - Body - Spirit
"You usually cope pretty well with things. But right now you are tired, run down, and worried."
"You've spent your life helping and caring for others. It's easy for you to give help, but asking for help... well, that's not as easy."
"You've thought about working with a counselor, but... what would people think if they knew?"
Any of this sound familiar? Are you ready to get the help you deserve?
Call (605) 321-0826
"Life seems empty - except for the stress. It's lonesome. You want to know how to change this?"
Explore the solutions - Experience the relief
Your heart is aching... Your mind is weary... Your body is tired...
You're ready for this to change! And, I'm here to help.
Find some energy, optimism, and joy in your life!
Renew your relationships!
201 NE 13th St.
Beresford, SD 57004