Frequently Asked Questions
Can counseling really make a difference?
- Yes, it can. And like most things, the more commitment and effort you put into it, the more benefit you can receive.
How long are sessions?
- Most individual sessions are 45-50 minutes in length. I also have options available to you for extended sessions and half sessions depending on your personal situation and preferences.
How often do we meet?
- Most sessions are scheduled on a weekly or every other week basis. I provide a wide range of options, however, to meet your personal needs and preferences regarding appointments.
How long does counseling usually last?
- This is different for each person. Some people find they experience a great deal of benefit in 6-8 sessions. Other people decide to continue counseling to work on long-term goals. It is often useful to begin with 3-4 sessions. At that point, you could determine whether or not you would like to continue.
How much does it cost?
- Individual sessions (45 minutes) $120
- Half sessions -individual (25 minutes) $70
- Couples/Family sessions (60 minutes) $150
- Groups, Workshops, Classes, & other services: Varies by service
- No shows & canceling without giving 24 hours notice: Full session fee
What forms of payment do you accept?
- You may pay with cash, check, credit card, or debit card.
- You may use your insurance (see which I am a provider for below), you may submit to your insurance for out of network benefits
- You may use your medical/health spending account, or other third parties
- Payment/Copay is due at the time of service.
Do you have a sliding scale?
- If you feel that the regular fee for services will be a financial hardship for you, please feel free to talk to me about your situation for possible negotiation or referral to other service providers. I do provide a number of reduced rate sessions on a regular basis. These do fill quickly, however. You may contact me regarding their availability.
Does counseling always work?
- Counseling often works, but not always. There is no guarantee. I will do my best to help. And I will let you know if I think other options might be more appropriate for you.
Do you provide services outside of your office?
- I am a Distance Credentialed Counselor (DCC) and provide options such as face to face, phone, email, text, and video conferencing to clients.
- Occasionally it is helpful to work on an issue by phone, email, or other means. I do provide these options to clients. I prefer to meet with you face to face at least one time. After that, and if it is appropriate for your situation, I provide a variety of distance counseling options if you live in the state of South Dakota (you will need to verify this during our initial meeting).
Counseling * Hypnotherapy * Relief from Depression and Anxiety * Mindfulness * Better Relationships * Personal Growth * Wellness for Mind - Body - Spirit
201 NE 13th St.
Beresford, SD 57004
Collective Perspective Counseling
Explore the solutions - Experience the relief